For more information on this release, see the official release notes
- NEMSIS Determination. When the Close Chart page is selected, the NEMSIS dataset will be automatically selected based on the Service configurations in Web
- Schematron Validation. We have updated the Close Chart page to include all optional validation messages from NEMSIS datasets and more.
- Fire Incidents. Removed ability to create locked Fire Incidents. You can still create unlocked Incidents, but they will need to be reviewed and completed in Fire Reports
- Intubation Verification. Picklist options corrected
- Custom Signature Time. Now displayed in your local system time
- Default Receiving EMS Agencies and Hospitals. Bug corrected to display proper items.
- Exams. Default values and general extremities correction.
- Data Validations:
- “Like” and “Not Like” operators were corrected.
- Narrative field will be highlighted if missing
- Numerous smaller corrections such as medication, allergy names, impression lists and disposition.
For any known issues, please see the release notes page.
Single Sign-On with ZOLL Online
No change since the last release, but still a reminder. ZOLL emsCharts is moving to a Single Sign On solution for our users. This will allow you to have a single user name and password to access multiple ZOLL products including ZOLL emsCharts and ZOLL Online applications like Case Review Premium, ZOLL Billing, and Insights. The new authentication system will also provide additional enhancements in the future.
This release of ZOLL emsCharts for Windows allows us to start migrating customers to the new solution. This migration will extend over the next several months as we get all of our customers moved over. Your users will continue to use their existing login credentials and should not be significantly impacted by the migration. Once migrated, there will be some differences like using your PIN to log into Windows while you’re offline instead of using your password. We’ll highlight these changes for you as we continue to roll out the functionality and when we migrate your Service over.
At this time, the Single Sign-On does not apply to your agency unless you have been directly contacted by a ZOLL representative to participate in the initial migration.
For more information on what features of emsCharts for Windows are being affected, please see the official release notes above.
Auto update for Windows
You can use the auto update feature to remotely upgrade your emsCharts for Windows 4.x devices to v4.3.1
To configure auto updates, go to the Mobile V3 Auto Update Restriction code table under Service Configuration > Code Tables and add a new entry for Version 4.3.1 (64 and/or 32 bits) and set Allow Automatic Update to ‘Yes’. Your 4.x devices will receive a prompt to update.
Important! If your devices are on 3.x, you must uninstall 3.x first (this version is no longer supported) and then follow the emsCharts for Windows installation steps to upgrade them to 4.2.6 manually. If your devices are on 4.0 – 4.1, you must click here and follow these additional steps before setting up the auto update.