Read the following important information about this release!
This version contains a new release of Windows which requires the replacement of the device’s local database. It is a major upgrade that includes a new installation path, separate data storage, and application name. Read the following information before upgrading:
- Upload all charts: It is critical that all charts are uploaded from the old version prior to uninstalling or migrating to the new version.
- Uninstall existing emsCharts Mobile V3: While not required, in order to remove potential user confusion, we recommend that you uninstall the existing emsCharts Mobile v3 application.
- Remote Administration: The Remote Administration add-on application has not yet been released for the new version and only works with emsCharts Mobile v3.
Note: If you have already upgraded to 4.0.10 (originally released Aug 30th), you have the new installation path, separate data storage, and application name. You are good to go!
- New name and install path for version 4. We changed the product name to ZOLL emsCharts for Windows instead of emsCharts Mobile, which was often confused with applications for iOS and Android devices. The application is now installed in ‘ZOLL emsCharts for Windows V4’ for both 32- and 64-bit versions. The database file’s name is emsChartsWindow.db. All other files such as .exe and .Config reference emsChartsWindows as well.
- SQLite database update: The database has been updated to use SQLite.
- Database file has been renamed to ‘emschartsWindows.db’
- Database is encrypted and can not be opened without decrypting, as was the previous database.
- All names have changed to reflect new ZOLL emsCharts for Windows name (e.g. emschartsWindows,exe, emschartsWindows.exe.Config etc.) Note: Users must finish/upload all PCRs created from a device in V3 before you upgrade to V4.
- Neonatal: Users can now enter up to four decimals for birth weight.
- Philips EKG importer included installer: Updated the ZOLL emsCharts for Windows application to include import functionality for Philips devices.
- Neonatal: Time of Labor and Time of Birth fields were displaying time incorrectly. This issue has been fixed.
- Certain settings makes Airway page crash: Setting the command configuration for Anatomical Location to Optional caused the Airway page to crash on emsCharts for Windows. This has been fixed.
- Code Review Install failed: Installing Code Review will now find the path and install correctly.
- Certain settings make CC/HPI page throw an error: Some settings on the Service > Code Tables > Chart Summary Patient Category caused the CC/HPI page to throw an error on emsCharts for Windows. This has been resolved.
- SQLite database issue: The new device database caused not all Protocol data to be retrieved. This has been resolved.
- Patient search is slow: Fixed an issues where some existing patient searches were taking more time than they should.
- Incorrect user after timeout: Fixed an issue when after a session timeout a different user logged in, the previous user details would display.
- Import patient can result in a network error: This issue is resolved.
- Crash on accessing Airway: Fixed an issue where the application would crash when a user accessed the Airway field under Neuro/Airway. This was due to a service configuration setting that used an old format of NEMSIS. This setting will not impact the display of this field going forward.
System configuration changes
There were no system configuration changes in release 4.0.11.
- Mobile Administration Windows Service is not yet currently supported with V4. A subsequent update is redesigning this application.
Stay tuned. To subscribe to this site for further updates, please enter your email address in the “subscribe” block on www.getemscharts.com.